From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: Taylor Christopher P <ct@××××××××××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Ported to OS X
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 02:27:17
1 On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 09:02:59PM -0400, Taylor Christopher P wrote:
2 > And if anyone else is doing something like this with some success - I'd
3 > like some help or just a note so that I know that I'm not the only one
4 > who's not a fan of Fink or the gnu-darwin ports projects [they're
5 > packages are too old and i don't really like their systems, I love
6 > portage on my desktop machine and i think having it on darwin/os x would
7 > be very cool].
8
9 Me too, in fact reading about your desire to get Portage running on OS X
10 almost got me excited enough to run out and buy a Mac (I don't have one
11 currently.) But since I don't have the funds available for that... :/
12
13 One thing you could do is see if you could set up an OS X machine and give
14 me root access and then I can see what I can do to get Portage working.
15
16 I'm willing to make a decent investment of time for this, because the sooner
17 we get Portage running on OS X, the sooner people can start making ebuilds
18 for it. Just needs a little push to get off the ground.
19
20 Best Regards,
23 Daniel Robbins
24 Chief Architect, Gentoo Linux