From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Feedback req: Confirm/thank on bug fix or is that unwanted bug spam?
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 02:23:34
1 070707 Duncan wrote:
2 > When I open or CC on a bug that then gets fixed,
3 > I often feel like adding a thanks to the bug.
4 > However, while it may be polite in other circumstances,
5 > in this case it could be viewed as bug spam, so I've hesitated.
6 > I'm wondering, what's the general opinion?
7
8 I try to remember to thank devs whenever they've done something for me,
9 incl when they fix a bug I've contributed to.
10 Gentoo development seems to be a very hot kitchen,
11 from which brave men occasionally flee screaming
12 (tho' even more replace them), so any thanks from us users sb welcome.
13
14 And a big general thankyou to the devs again & a (big smile).
18 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
19 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
20 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list