From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: jlec@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please migrate to git-2.eclass
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 07:42:01
On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:11:16 +0200
justin <jlec@g.o> wrote:

> On 6/24/11 11:35 PM, Michał Górny wrote: > > Hello, > > > > git-2.eclass is in the tree for a while now, and there's still awful > > lot of packages using old & deprecated git.eclass. > > > > Why migrate? > > What are the pitfalls during migration? Or is it just /git/git-2/ ?
In the most common case, yes. But you are advised to add a http fallback in EGIT_REPO_URI. Other API changes are: - EGIT_*_CMD is no longer overridable, - src_prepare() is no longer exported (EGIT_BOOTSTRAP is called in src_unpack() but I don't recommend that, EGIT_PATCHES gone), - EGIT_QUIET gone, EGIT_UNPACK_DIR gone (changes to other vars prolly). So I think most of these won't apply to the ebuilds, maybe the second one. -- Best regards, Michał Górny