From: Grant Goodyear <grant@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding users/groups in packages
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:38:27
1 > While packaging tcb for secure Gentoo, I noticed it needed a group named
2 > chkpwd. How should I handle this in the ebuild? I assume tcb is going to be
3 > standard in secure Gentoo, so should this be handled in the ebuild at all?
4
5 You're quite right, it shouldn't be in an ebuild. You can have
6 a nice pkg_postinst() function that checks to see if the chkpwd
7 group exists and print a message to the user if it doesn't.
8 Ultimately, though, we should add the chkpwd group to our
9 /etc/passwd, which will solve the problem.
10
11 -g2boojum-