From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] avifile ebuild requires divx4linux and win32codecs on x86
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 07:09:57
On Sunday 27 April 2003 19:02, Frantz Dhin wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 01:43, Jon Lech Johansen wrote: > > I haven't pointed out any grey areas. What are you talking about? > Why are you carrying on this discussion here for-bloody-ever? There are > no lawyers here or noone even halfways qualified to have this discussion,
There might be, but you have a good point: gentoo-dev might not be the best place for this kind of discussion. However we do not have a dedicated list atm, may be its the time to create one? Say gentoo-legal? We are big already and as an indication of this I see discussions related to legal issues coming up every now and then. Also it is my opinion, that we *should* be vary of [possible] legal issues. Sure it seems less inportant for thechnically minded person, thus a tendency to put such questions off. However discussing them timely (rather than waiting for bad things to come) can save us from some substantial grief further down the road... George -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list