From: Tom von Schwerdtner <tvon@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] libdbi ebuild
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 22:33:03
1 Hey all,
2
3 This is my first ebuild, so feel free to tell me what I did wrong.
4
5 FYI, libdbi is a C lib similar to DBI for Perl.
6
7 One thing I'm not sure about, although you _can_ build libdbi without any
8 databases installed, it is pointless without plugins (mysql or postgresql
9 plugins which require that the respective db's are installed). Making it
10 pass the apropriate configure options is no problem, but how might I tell it
11 to depend on _a_ database, but not a specific one? is there a virtual/db
12 entry or how hard would it be to add one (who has to do it?)?
13
14 Also, the docs are installed via 'make install', this will change since to
15 get the full docs (not default) you need doxygen which shouldnt be depended
16 on for a lib like this.....seperate ebuild for the docs ok?
17 -Tom

libdbi-0.6.2.ebuild application/octet-stream