From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gtk3 useflag and support of older toolkits
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 12:18:16
On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 9:49 PM, Ciaran McCreesh
<ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 21:45:27 +0100 > Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o> wrote: >> It's a simple workaround for the lack of proper ebuild namespacing on >> the basis of slots. >> >> So, till we have that, this works pretty well. :) > > Until you have that, or something else designed to do what you want, > don't come up with some disgusting hack. >
So the PMS process should be a bottleneck to getting software out to users? I think that's counter-productive. Our goal here is not to facilitate package manager development but to package and distribute software to users. On the other hand, you seem to be uniquely inclined to give a priority to this, and hence I implore you to continue your investigations into adding this feature to PMS and portage. :) Cheers, -- ~Nirbheek Chauhan Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team