From: Torsten Veller <ml-en@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Adding app-arch/xz-utils to the system set
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 08:40:34
* Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>:
> Well, the interesting bit of info is that the wider developer > community maybe already assumes it to be in the system set. *OR* can't > be bothered to remember that it is NOT in the system set. The data to > back up this statement is in https://bugs.gentoo.org/349315 in which > ~20 packages are discovered to be missing the build time dep.
The same argument can be used to add app-arch/unzip to the system set. ~106 packages do not DEPEND on app-arch/unzip while using a zip file. I think the missing dependency problem should be fixed by a repoman patch. The two bugs in the OP weren't PM-can-not-unpack-the-sources problems. -- Regards Torsten