From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Update bitcoin eclass to default to knots
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 19:36:34
1 Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > >> I proxy maintain bitcoins for luke-jr. He wants to propose a patch
3 > >> against the bitcoin eclass. The following is his proposed change.
4 > >> I'll commit it after review.
5 > >
6 > > Please do not do that, Anthony.
7 >
8 > I don't have time nor the familiarity to properly maintain bitcoins
9 > myself.
10
11 Understood, and no problem. I think it's especially important to be a
12 bit conservative under those circumstances.
15 > I will ignore all negative advice regarding this package unless it is
16 > balanced with positive advice.
17
18 That's cool. I tried to also be constructive in my mail - sorry if
19 that didn't get through. I was saying that the patched version should
20 probably be a separate ebuild.
21
22 But Mathy's (sorry for the mistype in my last mail Mathy) suggestion
23 to go ahead with renaming the USE flag but *not* flipping it to
24 default on is also a good step.
27 > Please point out what lines of the patch should be changed and what
28 > they should be changed to, else I will commit the patch as
29 > provided.
30
31 All lines containing +knots should say knots instead.
34 Thanks!
35
36 //Peter