From: "Jean-Noël Rivasseau" <elvanor@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Job offer for a Ph.D holder in an innovative startup
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:41:37
1 Hi,
2
3 I am the CEO of a small web startup and we currently need to hire a software
4 developer. For financial reasons this absolutely needs to be a Ph.D holder
5 that has just defended his thesis (eg, first job for the candidate).
6
7 We are looking for a person with strong programming skills and a passion for
8 computer science. Being an open source partisan is a big plus, our company
9 is running only on free software, our servers are Gentoo of course. The job
10 is more about general web development than server maintenance. We code in
11 Java (Groovy), Python, JavaScript, Bash and others. We have lots of
12 projects, so interesting challenges and a lot of work awaits worthy
13 candidates :)
14
15 We are based in France but we totally work remotely, so you can work from
16 anywhere in the world if you got broadband. I myself am moving to Canada
17 soon. To be paid by our company though, it is possible that you have to get
18 a French adress (residency), for legal reasons (haven't really looked into
19 this yet, currently all team members are French). For this reason, it would
20 probably be easier to work with French people, but I can try to see if it
21 can work out with a foreigner if people are interested. I think it can.
22
23 The salary will be (very) good.
24
25 If you are interested in this or know someone who could be interested,
26 please get in touch.
27
28 Elvanor