From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] implicit vs explicit dependencies
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 20:56:59
1 On Monday 23 October 2006 22:22, Olivier Crete wrote:
2 > In the pkg-config case, I was wondering if every ebuild that installs
3 > a .pc file should also have pkg-config in its RDEPEND.. Or should we
4 > push pkg-config into the DEPEND of every package using it. Or both...
5 The .pc file is not just used by pkg-config, some build systems mimic
6 pkg-config by using .pc files directly.
7 It would like having libtool as RDEPEND for every package installing a .la, it
8 just makes no sense.
9
10 If your package uses pkg-config to discover stuff, you depend on pkg-config at
11 buildtime. Point.
14 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
15 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...