From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposing fundamental changes to DevRel
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:38:14
Jorge,

On 06/17/10 02:33, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
>> 1) Make the list of subscribers to the devrel alias public > > I don't know what gave you the idea that the list of the Developer > Relations project members is private. > You can check the alias members directly by running "grep devrel > /var/mail/master.aliases" on woodpecker and you can check the project > members at http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/
I see. I didn't know about /var/mail/master.aliases. I assumed that I would have found it with something like find /var/mail/alias/ | grep devrel if it were public and thefore assumed it to be private. Sorry.
> [..] in my opinion choosing conflict > resolution members by "popularity" is a very bad idea.
In my understanding people voting on candidates for a conflict resolution team vote for them with faith they will do a good job on that position later. How come you expect that to be driven by popularity? Best, Sebastian