From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposing fundamental changes to DevRel
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:38:14
1 Jorge,
4 On 06/17/10 02:33, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
5 >> 1) Make the list of subscribers to the devrel alias public
6 >
7 > I don't know what gave you the idea that the list of the Developer
8 > Relations project members is private.
9 > You can check the alias members directly by running "grep devrel
10 > /var/mail/master.aliases" on woodpecker and you can check the project
11 > members at http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/
12
13 I see. I didn't know about /var/mail/master.aliases. I assumed that I
14 would have found it with something like
15
16 find /var/mail/alias/ | grep devrel
17
18 if it were public and thefore assumed it to be private. Sorry.
21 > [..] in my opinion choosing conflict
22 > resolution members by "popularity" is a very bad idea.
23
24 In my understanding people voting on candidates for a conflict
25 resolution team vote for them with faith they will do a good job on that
26 position later. How come you expect that to be driven by popularity?
27
28 Best,
32 Sebastian