From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: What the hell is going on here?
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 06:07:16
Ryan Hill posted on Fri, 17 Sep 2010 21:01:36 -0600 as excerpted:

> On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 19:42:56 +0300 > Alex Alexander <wired@g.o> wrote: > >> This is a matter of perspective. To you it might look like torture and >> pay-back, but for the guys doing it it could be "making sure he follows >> all the guidelines". > > By nitpicking his commit messages? So far that's the only thing anyone > has been able to criticize, and it's coming across as pedantic and > petty.
This user's perspective, having been affected by the previous issue: 1. There was a problem that needed fixed. Agree. 2. Something was done to fix it. =:^) 3. Now it's going a bit far (publicly, at least). Also Agree. If there had been even a single question on anyone else's commits during this period, it'd arguably be different. But just as the previous had gotten a bit ridiculous and a course correction was needed, so here as well. I certainly have to respect him for sticking with it in the face of opposition... in both instances. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman