From: Marius Mauch <genone@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] automatic security updates based on GLSA
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:06:56
1 Hi,
2
3 I've started to work on a tool to apply security updates to a gentoo
4 system by checking the GLSA. It uses a XML format of the GLSA and
5 updates the affected packages to the fixed versions (well, not at the
6 moment as I've started this only yesterday). Currently the GLSA are only
7 sent to a mailinglist in plaintext AFAIK and posted on the forums/GWN.
8
9 I've put together a DTD for the XML format by looking through a few GLSA
10 and xml-fied the latest GLSA for nfs-utils. Both documents are available
11 at http://gentoo.devel-net.org/glsa/ . This is just a draft, any
12 suggestions for improvements are welcome as are all comments on this
13 mini-project.
14
15 I'll put some code on the site as soon as it is useful, the current
16 implemention is still in a very early development state and most work
17 has gone to the backend by now.
18
19 Marius
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list