From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:29:09
1 On Sunday 01 January 2006 06:30, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > Keep in mind that every resubmission to the council for review must
3 > first be sent to the gentoo-dev mailing list 7 days (minimum) before
4 > being submitted as an agenda item which itself occurs 7 days before the
5 > meeting. Simply put, the gentoo-dev mailing list must be notified at
6 > least 14 days before the meeting itself.
7
8 I think I'm too late for this month, but want to put it on the table before I
9 forget about it. I'd appreciate a three months moratorium, disallowing
10 everyone to add new packages to the tree (despite new dependencies of
11 existing packages), so everyone is forced/asked to put his energy in existing
12 ebuilds, especially unmaintained ones. Sort of spring-cleaning, because parts
13 of the tree look like a dump.
16 Carsten