From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: newsitem: unmasking udev-181
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:33:34
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 04:43:06AM -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
> Question... does it have to be an initramfs, or can the vast majority > of simple cases be handled by a simple initscript in /bin or /sbin that > mounts /usr, and does whatever else is required, before handing off > control to /sbin/init.
Elsewhere on this list, you will find a script that does roughly what you propose, written by WilliamH and myself. We're not going to support it. There are too many corner cases that are hard to recover from with the script - and MUCH easier with the 'debug' argument to a genkernel initramfs. -- Robin Hugh Johnson Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead E-Mail : robbat2@g.o GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85