From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bleeding edge hardened-sources: move PaX markings from ELF to Extended Attributes
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 01:04:30
On 12/07/2011 05:10 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 02 December 2011 00:16:43 Duncan wrote: >> Longer: Does reiserfs (v3) support xattrs and thus, presumably caps and >> XT_PAX? Kernel reiserfs options suggest yes, but everything I've read >> elsewhere (including gentoo-dev caps project discussions) seems to >> indicate no. Is the "no" simply outdated, since reiserfs xattrs support >> was added relatively late in the game, or is it still correct and I have >> the purpose of those kernel options all wrong, or ??? > i found reiserfs useful in the ext2/ext3 days, but now i find it completely > irrelevant with ext4 > >> If both reiserfs and tmpfs (my $PORTAGE_TMPDIR) support xattrs, both caps >> and XT_PAX should be good to go, correct? > my understanding of libattr/libacl is that the userland interface is FS > independent. once the FS supports xattrs (if the kernel says it does, i'd > believe that), then that should be all you need. > > while i've never tested xattrs on reiserfs (as alluded earlier, i've dropped > all my reiserfs usage in favor of ext4), but i know tmpfs works (once you've > enabled it in the kernel). > -mike
I just tested with reiser3 and xattr works just fine. Just make sure its enabled in the kernel and when you mount the fs use option user_xattr for the user. namespace. -- Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D. Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened] E-Mail : blueness@g.o GnuPG FP : 8040 5A4D 8709 21B1 1A88 33CE 979C AF40 D045 5535 GnuPG ID : D0455535