From: Tom Martin <slarti@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Mailwrapper changes: mailer-config
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:38:38
1 Hi,
2
3 Fernando <ferdy(at)gentoo.org> and me have been working on a system for
4 mailwrapper that doesn't involve mangled config file with too many
5 comments and etc-update hell. We're just about to get the thing into
6 Portage and start the transition, so this is a final mail to let people
7 know what's going on.
8
9 It's going to work like this:
10
11 New revisions of all mailwrapper-enabled packages in Portage (ssmtp,
12 exim, postfix, sendmail, msmtp, etc.) will include support for the new
13 system. Each package will install a file into /etc/mail/, called
14 package-name.mailer. Then, mailer-config is used to switch between
15 profiles in a similar way to gcc-config, motif-config et al.
16
17 We also have a companion eclass, mailer.eclass, to go along with the
18 changes.
19
20 This should make things a lot easier for people but if anyone has any
21 concerns, we'd like to hear them.
22
23 Thanks,
24 Tom and Fernando
27 Tom Martin, http://dev.gentoo.org/~slarti
28
29 AMD64, net-mail, shell-tools, recruiters, vim
30 Gentoo Linux