From: Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Updated handbooks for autobuilds
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 22:54:45
1 On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:11:10 -0400
2 Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 > Is the process for creating these documented somewhere? I did some
4 > googling and couldn't really find any documentation on how our stages
5 > and liveCDs are built in the first place. There are some generic
6 > catalyst docs, but no real docs on how to generate an "official" build -
7 > that is one that would be identical (not necessarily bitwise) to what
8 > you'd find on the mirrors if they were up to date.
9
10 I haven't been able to find a clear step-by-step guide, either. Maybe there's something else in our project space, but I only ever handled the docs side of Releng. Also check the list archives? Supposedly some of the catalyst development is happening on non-Gentoo sites, so maybe there's a bugtracker/wiki/ML upstream. Where's agaffney to answer these questions when ya need him . . .