From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The future of sys-apps/openrc in Gentoo
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:22:00
1 On 07/05/2010 03:03 AM, Olivier CrĂȘte wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 18:15 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 >> which is trivial to fix and anyone with commit privs could have done. it
4 >> certainly doesnt warrant a paniced "the sky is falling" message.
5 >
6 > I think this is a great occasion to dump our stupid custom crap and
7 > switch to SystemD, PolicyKit, NetworkManager, etc. Anyone with half a
8 > brain already dropped our stuff. And the lack of use of modern tools is
9 > the reason I don't use Gentoo on my work computer anymore.
12 Not suitable for all our use-cases, not as stable as openrc nowadays,
13 not as fast as suggested and for server usage plainly wrong.
14
15 I'd put openrc on freedesktop btw.
16
17 lu