From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New USE flag - 'accessibility'
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:31:17
1 begin quote
2 On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:04:26 -0500
3 William McArthur <sandymac@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > Mike Gardiner wrote:
6 > > I would like to add support for accessibility under a USE flag
7 >
8 > I don't understand why you simply would not turn on accessibility
9 > features? Does enabling a11y have a negative effect for those who do
10 > not need it?
11 in short . YES
12
13 it makes input fields quite unresponsive in some software, and bloats
14 down a lot of other stuff.
19 > I'm not against an a11y use flag, I just want to keep things simple.
22 a11y could be used for a lot of interesting things, including
23 text-to-speech enabling and other such cute stuffs that you don't want
24 normally. ;)
29 begin .signature
30 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
32 end