From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New lists and their usage
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:26:20
1 On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 13:41 -0700, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 21:26 +0200, Jan Kundrát wrote:
3 > > Ryan Hill wrote:
4 > > > zombieswift/new devs -project
5 > > > council/trustee nominations -project
6 > >
7 > > Then it's worth cross-posting -core or -dev-announce or similar. I
8 > > thought that goal of -project was to keep devs away from poisonous
9 > > content without impairing their Gentoo-awareness.
10 >
11 > This is what I am afraid of, as it now looks like all we've accomplished
12 > is making it more difficult for someone to keep their eyes on
13 > everything.
14
15 On the other hand it's easier to keep our eyes off stuff which a large
16 chunk of devs deem twaddle. You can subscribe to many lists easily - not
17 so easily to filter one massive list.
18
20
21 Yeah, you should take that to -project or some other suitable list :P
22
23 Thanks
24
25 Roy