From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP56] USE flag descriptions in metadata
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 19:44:57
1 All,
2
3 Here's a GLEP for the addition of USE flag descriptions to package
4 metadata. It does not address any future ideas that others may have had
5 or suggested. It merely gives developers the necessary "tools" to
6 document their USE flag usage it better detail on a per package basis.
7
8 An clearly motivation explanation that I didn't add, which I'm going to
9 add once I send this is the fact that as per the QA Project,
10 use.local.desc can not contain a USE flag that already appears globally
11 in use.desc. This would allow a description for that USE flag to be
12 contained in the metadata.
13
14 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0056.html
15
16 I encourage any and all _technical_ feedback.
17
18 Thanks.
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list