From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: OT: Re: Default src_install for EAPI-2 or following EAPI
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:42:54
1 Steve Long wrote:
2
3 > In summary that's why for
4 > instance no filenames with spaces (leave alone all the other characters
5 > you can't deal with atm) can be safely handled by any of your ebuild
6 > structure, unless it comes from a glob, and is never manipulated or
7 > referenced in and of itself. (Unless you wish to go down the eval route,
8 > which believe me is not fun at all.)
9 >
10 Or Roy's shell function thing (ie every array is handled via a function
11 call.) Then we're arguing about how, not why, however (and BASH arrays are
12 much nicer to work with for scripts that aren't just glue.)