From: Julien Cayzac <jcayzac@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] about new i18n subtrees...
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 12:25:47
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm making a couple i18n-related ebuilds, but I don't know where I
4 should put them since these are libraries and thus do not belong to
5 app-i18n.
6
7 I think i18n stuff should become more relevant to Gentoo and have
8 several subtrees in Portage. Let's say:
9
10 i18n-apps/ (old app-i18n)
11 i18n-libs/ (shared libraries)
12 i18n-im/ (input method servers, both console and X11)
13 i18n-misc/ (what does not fit anywhere else)
14
15 Also, I'm searching for people who would like to be involved in a
16 "Gentoo Internationalization Effort". The goal would be to improve i18n
17 support in Gentoo, and this initiative would need:
18
19 - ebuilds maintainers who would keep i18n-patched packages up to date
20 - documentation writers
21 - people with experience in setting up a multilingual system
22
23 Any comment apprecied.
24
25 -julien.