From: Ian Phillips <ianp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Mozilla "patch" for flash/linux/GCC3.1
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 04:47:55
1 Hi,
2
3 I've not gotten around to learning how to create/modify ebuilds myself yet, so
4 I'm submitting this here in the hope that some worthy sould will take this and
5 run with it.
6
7 Problem:
8 If mozilla is built with GCC3.x then loading flash or java plugins causes it to
9 crash. Bummer. This is bug 124006 in mozillas bug database.
10
11 Solution:
12 Write a small patch library to supply the reuired missing functions and preload
13 it (e.g. LD_PRELOAD=libmozhack.so). The required code is attached to this, mail.
14 See, it's really trivial, build it with "gcc -shared -fPIC -o libmozhack.so
15 libmozhack.c && strip libmozhack.so"
16
17 So I suggest that a revision of the mozilla ebuild includes the following logic:
18
19 do-usual-stuff;
20 if (gcc-3-based-build) {
21 copy mozhack.c from ebuild-files-dir to work-dir;
22 build libmozhack.so
23 copy libmozhack.so to /usr/lib/mozilla
24 patch mozilla shell script to preload libmozhack.so
25 }
26
27 What do people think?
28
29 Ian.
32 #ifndef __COMMON_SENSE__ | Ian Phillips
33 #include <std_disclaimer> | TIBCO Software Inc.
34 #endif | www.tibco.com

mozhack.c text/plain