From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc locale
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 15:42:39
1 Sebastian Werner wrote:
2 >
3 > Why the glibs-version does not support locale...
4 >
5 > my current version of control-centrum (gnome) crash in all modules and every gnome app output "Gdk-Warning **: locale not supported by C library"
6 >
7 > Why? It's faster? I like my programms in german.
8 >
9 > Sebastian
10 Hi sebastian,
11
12 glibc gets build with locale support is the USE variable nls is set,
13 which is the default. If I add
14 export LANG=de_DE to /etc/profile I get all my programms in german here.
15 All packages that have nls support get compiled with nls support here.
16
17 I posted a mail about gnome-applet problems. I posted another mail how
18 to fix that. This solves control-centrum problems too. Check the
19 gnome-applet segfault thread in the mailinglist.
20
21 bye achim~