From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pinkbyte@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: stabilization policies
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:25:44
1 On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 16:16:53 +0400
2 Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > >> And if you want to move stabilization checks to unqualified users,
5 > >> then it is way to nowhere.
6 > >
7 > > No, because there would be much more users giving feedback.
8 >
9 > Feedback is good. But if it simple "works for me" without tests on
10 > CFLAGS/LDFLAGS respect regression, cross-compile breakage regression
11 > or any other regressions, than it is pointless.
12
13 Sounds like Tinderbox covers those; so, it has a point for the rest.
14
15 > I would suggest increase number of arch testers... Or, i repeat
16 > myself(in infinite time), "recruit more people"
17
18 That I agree with; but, will that be enough?
19
20 > >>> So, recruiting in the terms of "finding recruits" appears to be
21 > >>> hard.
22 > >>
23 > >> But, at my POV, it is only one way that we can improve current
24 > >> situation.
25 > >
26 > > Sorry, I do not understand (language barrier), do you mean that 1)
27 > > that should be the way to improve it or do you mean that 2) this is
28 > > just one approach and that we should look at different ones?
31 > Yeah, my grammar sucks, i know. So, let's summarize what i mean. To
32 > deal with our current problems with arches we have only two ways:
33 >
34 > 1) drop some arches to unstable -> lower the burden to arch teams;
35
36 This didn't come up until recently; so, yes, that might work! :)
37
38 > 2) recruit more arch testers/arch team members;
39
40 Same point as before, let's see if that will be enough.
43 With kind regards,
44
45 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
46 Gentoo Developer
47
48 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
49 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
50 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D