From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in eclass: toolchain-funcs.eclass
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 11:08:01
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> posted
2 200904050401.19301.vapier@g.o, excerpted below, on Sun, 05 Apr
3 2009 04:01:18 -0400:
4
5 > what you've read/quoted matters at the expansion step, but that isnt
6 > what i'm talking about. i'm pointing out that the expansion is lost by
7 > assigning through the variable. thus the same behavior of the whole
8 > function is as if "$*" is used.
9
10 Makes sense now that your short form is expanded to explain the step I
11 missed. I /knew/ I must be missing the obvious as the simplest way to
12 take what you wrote was just /too/ obvious. Thanks. =:^)
17 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman