From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-embedded] Interactive command
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 06:46:06
1 On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 01:13 -0400, Kristian Benoit wrote:
2 > What I want is "emerge busybox uclibc vanilla-sources nano". Should
3 > unpack only the 3 first packages, show me busybox menuconfig, uclibc
4 > menuconfig and vanilla-sources menuconfig and only then perform the rest
5 > of the installation as usual (without re-unpacking the 3 packages).
6 I really really hope that you want this to be a totally optional feature
7 that is never ever enabled by default.
8
9 When I run emerge -uD world on a server I don't accept any ebuild
10 waiting for interactive input. For stagebuilding and other activities
11 this behaviour is also unacceptable.
12
13 > And
14 > save the configs for futur use. So if my configs does not fit my need,
15 > re-emerging busybox with USE=savedconfig should get me the busybox
16 > menuconfig back using the previously configured ".config".
17 Patch the ebuilds with your .config
18
19 > But anyway, the question is not whether the idea is good or not, but how
20 > to get a menuconfig that works within ebuild.sh (called from spawn in
21 > portage_exec ... called from the user with ebuild or emerge)?
22 *shudder* I hope this stays limited to your overlay.
23
24 wkr,
25 Patrick
26 --
27 Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move