From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] We need *you* for a USE="selinux" dependency
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 12:25:01
On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 22:10:19 -0500
Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
> In this particular case the approved PMS says "In the pkg phases, at > least one of the following conditions must be met: any command > provided by a packaged listed in DEPEND is available; any command > provided by a packaged listed in RDEPEND is available."
Yeah, that's a screwup that's been discussed at length. It shouldn't be giving you any guarantees at all for pkg_*, since RDEPEND-RDEPEND cycles need to be breakable (there are lots of them in the tree). The fix is likely going to be an IDEPEND or something along those lines in the next EAPI. -- Ciaran McCreesh