From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Daniel Armyr <daniel.armyr@××××.se>
Cc: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] proposal: make gentoo-core publicly read-only
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:12:04
1 On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 18:26, Daniel Armyr wrote:
2 > > My point is just this, you want access to -core, become a developer,
3 > > its part of the territory.
4 >
5 > Yeah, and if I want to know how my government makes descisions on how my life
6 > is run I can allways become a high-ranking politician. At this point in time,
7 > Gentoo simply does not have an open culture, but a closed one. I am fore an
8 > read-only core, but when reading this thread I have a nagging suspicion that
9 > this is pointless. The Gentoo devs want to have an ivory tower, and ivory towers
10 > can not be scaled. The only way to change is for the inhabitants to come out freely.
11 >
12 > > And I might be going out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure that many
13 > > other non-profit Linux distributions have non-open lists. In fact, I
14 > > would be very surprised if any Linux distributions don't.
15 >
16 > And since then was that an excuse? I thought Gentoo wanted to be better than other distros.
17
18 I am guessing you consult your children in all decisions you make
19 regarding them (if you have any)? Or if you are a manager, do you
20 consult with your workers in decisions you make ?
25 Martin Schlemmer
26 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
27 Cape Town, South Africa