From: John Huttley <john@××××××.nz>
To: Cory Visi <merlin@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Patches for MPPE/MPPC
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 08:25:34
1 Hi
2
3 I use this kernel patch with 2.6.8-gentoo-
4 with no problem. The latest ppp seems to works just fine without
5 patching. It even detects MS-CHAP_V2 and MPPE without having to put any
6 options in the ppp options file.
7
8 The only quirk seems to be that it seems to come up with statefull
9 rather than stateless.
10
11 Putting this in the gentoo patches for a kernel would be very worth
12 while.
13
14 Regards
15
16 john
20 > I have two questions for everyone:
21 > 1. Can I include the ppp patch in the ppp ebuild? How do I do it legally?
22 > 2. Can we include the kernel patch in the gentoo-sources base patch set?
23 > How do we do it legally?
24 >
25 > Thanks,
26 > Cory