From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: michael@××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFD: EAPI specification in ebuilds
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 12:02:03
1 On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 17:14:13 -0500
2 Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 03/07/2012 03:41 PM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
5 > >
6 > > *** Proposal 2: "EAPI in header comment" ***
7 > >
8 > > A different approach would be to specify the EAPI in a specially
9 > > formatted comment in the ebuild's header. No syntax has been
10 > > suggested yet, but I believe that the following would work as a
11 > > specification:
12 > > - The EAPI must be declared in a special comment in the first line
13 > > of the ebuild's header, as follows:
14 > > - The first line of the ebuild must contain the word "ebuild",
15 > > followed by whitespace, followed by the EAPI, followed by
16 > > end-of-line or whitespace.
19 > Someone suggested using a standard shebang the last time this came
20 > up, and if I remember correctly it was one of the least-disagreeable
21 > solutions proposed. We could of course define our own custom format,
22 > but I think something like,
23 >
24 > #!/usr/bin/eapi5
25 >
26 > would be perfect if we could hand off the interpretation of the
27 > ebuild to that program. That solves the problem with new bash
28 > features, too, since you could point that command at a specific
29 > version.
30
31 And what would /usr/bin/eapi5 do? Are you suggesting misusing shebang
32 or making ebuilds PM-centric?
35 Best regards,
36 Michał Górny