From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new virtual -- virtual/go to fix go build time dependencies
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 22:36:30
1 On 03/02/2017 04:53 PM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 >>
3 >> Back on topic:
4 >>
5 >> What kind of dependency do we need, anyway? William, are you saying
6 >> that if I upgrade dev-lang/go, then things will break, but if I delete
7 >> dev-lang/go, everything is fine?
8 >
9 > It's likely like ocaml: you link your programs ~ statically but
10 > everything you link needs to be built with the same compiler. So
11 > that'd be some kind of "build against"-RDEPEND.
14 The tiny practical part of me thinks it's probably better to add
15 dev-lang/go:= to RDEPEND than it is to create an entirely new class of
16 dependencies to handle this.