From: flameeyes@gmail.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' =?utf-8?Q?Petten=C3=B2?=)
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Moving HOMEPAGE out of ebuilds for the future
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 13:39:43
1 Jan Kundrát <jkt@g.o> writes:
2
3 > I believe the reason was that HOMEPAGE might change with new versions
4 > and that metadata.xml didn't (doesn't?) support version-specific data.
5
6 At least the maintainer and (iirc, at least that's how we proposed
7 it the first time around) flag tags support a restrict attribute.
8
9 But I really expect that as long as the package is the same, homepage is
10 unlikely to change with version; maybe with slot I guess, but even that
11 is debatable and somewhat rare I think.
14 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
15 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/