From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild, ip6tables headaches, kernel confusion, xinetd vs. tcpwrappers
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:57:18
On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 10:40:42AM -0700, Bill Anderson wrote:

> Oooh, so Portage has python libraries to work with it, or is it done > using python?
Yes, nearly all the complex, important stuff (as well as some not so complex and not so important stuff) is implemented in Python. I feel that python is an ideal language for something growing as quickly as Portage. We also have some legacy bash code as well, and in the future it's very likely that we'll move a lot of the package management and package database parts (as they become more stable and defined) to C++ for better performance. When Portage is at around version 2.5, it's likely that we'll have some python, some C++ and some bash as well. -- Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org Gentoo Technologies, Inc.