From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentooo 501(c) accounting
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 20:24:15
1 On 12/07/2016 01:53 PM, Jigme Datse Rasku wrote:
2 > I have been using LedgerSMB as when I was looking everything except
3 > SQL-Ledger (which got forked to LedgerSMB) was either too expensive
4 > (commercial, and a lot didn't run on Linux) or more pain than writing in
5 > a ledger book (easier to screw up, and harder to remember what I was
6 > doing anyway).
7 >
8 > As I haven't looked at options for ages, due to feeling LedgerSMB
9 > continues to be a good fit (I switched to them soon after the fork), and
10 > mostly fails for me in terms of multiple features I don't really need,
11 > or so far haven't even found a use case that works for me, but many over
12 > time which I thought I wouldn't use, I do now. don't need to, but it works.
13 >
14 > I expressed recently that *if* they created a "only new code" version
15 > which only had basic accounting features, I could, and would work with
16 > it, if that worked mostly like that is currently working.
17 >
18 > For me, as the interface (web based) is a huge plus over anything I
19 > looked at in the past.
20 >
21 > On Dec 7, 2016 10:32, "james" <garftd@×××××××.net