From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] newsitem: important fstab and localmount update, round 2
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 17:10:37
1 On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 12:52 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > here is the new version of this news item.
5 >
6 > Thanks,
7 >
8 > William
9 >
10 > The upstream preferred solution is to convert fstab from using "/dev/disk/by-*" to the LABEL=, UUID=, or PARTUUID= syntax.
11
12 Who is "upstream"? It is unclear whether you are referring to OpenRC,
13 util-linux, busybox or udev, or some combination of all of them.
14
15 I don't think this is particularly relevant to the end-user, so I
16 would suggest dropping the word "upstream" in this sentence.