From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] init script guidelines
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:48:10
1 not to detract from the discussion, but...anyone else notice this?
2
3 On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:40:01 -0400
4 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
5
6 > They shouldn't, but that doesn't mean implementing some half-baked
7 > hack to resolve the situation. It might be better to instead patch
8 > the daemon in question and send the patches upstream. Upstream
9 > developers (usually) are much more willing to make changes when you've
10 > done the work for them... ;]
13 On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:39:16 -0400