From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFD: EAPI specification in ebuilds
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:31:22
On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 08:21:53 -0800
Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
> Maybe that sort of distinction truly makes a difference to some > people, but to me it just seems like hair-splitting [1].
So just to get this straight, you think that the following two restrictions are effectively equivalent? * The variable DEPEND's value must be set according to the following rules: * The EAPI variable assignment must not use full bash syntax. Instead, it must be assigned according to the following rules: And you believe that having exactly one place inside ebuild text where there are different whitespace, quoting and indenting rules for something that otherwise looks exactly like any other metadata variable isn't going to cause problems? -- Ciaran McCreesh