From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last rites for net-wireless/ipw2100 and net-wireless/ipw2200
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:02:57
1 Christian Heim a écrit :
2 >> Furthermore, many users have a much easier time using the
3 >> externally-built module than the in-kernel drivers. I, personally, found
4 >> it to "just work" whereas the kernel drivers would not work without lots
5 >> of troubleshooting.
6 >
7 > I haven't been in this situation, and I've never seen any complaints (neither
8 > via mail nor bugzilla), so I have to take the point that there are no
9 > problems (remember, I can only fix stuff I know of). I'm really sorry if that
10 > complicates your life more than usual (;)).
11
12 A while back, the in-kernel driver was always behind the packaged one,
13 and I was never able to make it work correctly. That being said, that
14 was almost a year ago. I'll be trying the in-kernel driver. If you don't
15 hear from me within the next couple of days, I'm fine with the removal :)
16
17 Cheers, and happy holidays to all.
18
19 Rémi