From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: dev-zero@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Going against co-maintainer's wishes (ref. bug 412697)
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 07:52:11
1 On Sun, 26 May 2013 09:22:05 +0200
2 Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Am Samstag, den 25.05.2013, 15:53 -0400 schrieb Anthony G. Basile:
5 > > We are moving too quickly on bug #448882 ([Tracker] packages not
6 > > providing systemd units). We should come to better consensus on systemd
7 > > integration and we were getting there with the idea of INSTALL_MASK. I
8 > > don't know that it is a working solution yet. I have to oppose adding
9 > > unit files unless we have a way to opt out for reasons I gave earlier,
10 > > regarding embedded systems where one needs to conserve space
11 > > aggressively. And we may have found a way to do so without cluttering
12 > > ebuilds with USE flags.
13 >
14 > Even though I don't care about a couple of files more on my FS I would
15 > prefer to find a solution with functions provided by PMS, not portage
16 > alone.
17
18 PMS doesn't cover configuration, and I feel this is mostly
19 a configuration problem.
20
21 > > Can I ask the systemd people to design a working solution for opting
22 > > out? I can't support this initiative without such a solution and I
23 > > would be happy to work with the systemd people to reach it, ie I'll test.
26 > Maybe we have to find a more generic solution for this, because there is
27 > bug #235944 [1] which request extra config snippets for rsyslog added to
28 > various packages. Or is this something different? If yes, how?
29
30 Well, I don't know rsyslog and I have no real idea where those files
31 end up. But if they end up in a common directory, it's exactly the kind
32 of thing we can handle with INSTALL_MASK.
35 Best regards,
36 Michał Górny