From: john3868@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo 1.4 Questions
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 15:15:23
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm planning on making my first attempt to install Gentoo on my system soon. I have some questions (I hope that I haven't missed the answers to them in the FAQ or docs). When installing with the 1.4_rc1 CD, how is security addressed while the sources download is occurring? Is there a basic firewall that is gets installed and configured when you execute the net_setup script? Also, what is the difference between the "dist_files" and the "gentoo_sources" subdirs on the download site? Thanks in advance for your help!
4
5 - Andrew Johnson