From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Supporting GLES-only implementations
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 17:27:15
1 I'm trying to get better support for efika and possibly other similar
2 systems like pandaboard.
3
4 I already started to hack eselect-opengl and mesa to keep libGLES*,
5 libOpenVG and libEGL in the switchable dir and it seems to work properly.
6
7 Now I'd like to make ALL the GL/ GLES/ KHR/ and such headers switchable
8 as well.
9
10 One of the last items is discussing about what to do with
11 implementations that do not provide OpenGL.
12
13 I'd introduce a separate virtual for gles2, gles1 and openvg and make so
14 eselect-opengl does not complain if libGL is missing.
15
16 Anybody has interest and/or better ideas?
17
18 lu
19
20 PS: I'd consider GL implementations monolithic so you cannot mix and
21 match them at least for now.
25 Luca Barbato
26 Gentoo/linux
27 http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero