From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] ACCEPT_RESTRICT for questionable values of RESTRICT
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:21:04
1 On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:55:00 +0100 Harald van Dijk <truedfx@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | When does upstream get to install arbitrary content on my computer?
4 | Upstream's build system gets to write stuff to $D, but not to $ROOT
5 | (malice aside). The move to $ROOT, and anything after that, is the
6 | ebuild writer's and the package manager's responsibility.
7
8 Well that's the point. We're talking malice here, and whether or not
9 one should trust a build system that won't work with userpriv. If you
10 don't trust the build system with non-userpriv, you shouldn't trust it
11 at all.
14 Ciaran McCreesh
15 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
16 Web : http://ciaranm.org/