From: R Hill <dirtyepic@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: i have an idea ! (erescue)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 07:08:12
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > my proposal is to implement a new utility (called 'erescue' for lack of a
3 > better name) that is written in C and designed to be statically linked ...
4 > then next time you break a core system package which cannot be recovered by
5 > simply running `emerge` a few times, you run `erescue <broken package>`
6
7 that'd be cool. i found myself wishing for something like this after
8 taking up breaking glibc as a hobby. it would have saved me a lot of
9 chroot building.
10
11 i wonder if i could suggest a small repository of default configuration
12 files to go along with this idea? that's another thing i've found
13 myself looking for from time to time. i know there's other ways to get
14 the original config for whatever, but they're inconsistent and sometimes
15 difficult.
16
17 --de
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list