From: Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] samba (and related) packages are in desperate need of help
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 06:28:23
1 On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 03:24:05PM +0200, Lars Wendler wrote:
2 > * We should really get heimdal and mit-krb5 packages in a shape where
3 > we can install them in parallel [2]. Using the bundled heimdal from
4 > samba is no valid option [3]
5
6 While bundling a copy of a kerberos implementation is certainly not
7 ideal, I think this is the only sensible option at the moment.
8
9 Re-evaluate when samba's changes end up in a heimdal release we can
10 package. Some of the changes landed upstream in July, so there has been
11 some progress recently.
14 Eray