From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council meeting 19 April 2010
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 21:03:47
1 Hi Ben,
2
3 On 7 April 2010 22:44, Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
4 [...]
5 > "1.  Project Description
6 > The elected Gentoo Council decides on global issues and policies that
7 > affect multiple projects in Gentoo."
8 >
9 > GLEP 39 also says "Global issues will be decided by an elected Gentoo council."
10 >
11 > So all I'm asking is to do your job and make decisions on issues that
12 > affect all of Gentoo. The issues I brought up are wider than a single
13 > individual project.
14
15 I don't understand what you expect the council to do in some of these
16 cases. Taking the website redesign or consolidation of documentation
17 as examples, do you want them to:
18
19 a) Decide that this should be done?
20 b) Call for volunteers? (they obviously cannot force anyone to do it)
21 c) Do it themselves?
22 d) What you probably mean that I fail to see
23
24 Regards,
25 --
26 Arun Raghavan
27 http://arunraghavan.net/
28 (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)