From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] adding a code of conduct
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 02:37:30
1 Danny van Dyk wrote: [Mon Apr 03 2006, 06:40:59PM CDT]
2 > Well, you're wrong. I'm against this conduct in its current form and I
3 > am no terrorist. Further, i really dislike how you tried to avoid
4 > public discussion by deeming everyone who disagrees as a terrorist.
5
6 You know, to the best of my knowledge vapier is not a person who engages
7 in underhanded tricks. My suspicion is that he was not trying to avoid
8 discussion, but that he truly thought the proposed code of conduct would
9 be uncontroversial. (Perhaps one should add to such a code: "Give devs
10 the benefit of the doubt; ask what is meant instead of merely assuming
11 that your interpretation is correct If nothing else, it helps limit
12 escalation.")
13
14 -g2boojum-
15 --
16 Grant Goodyear
17 Gentoo Developer
18 g2boojum@g.o
19 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
20 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76